Analytical Problem Solving & Decision Making
Date(s) - 29/08/2022 - 31/08/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
What’s The Problem?!! In the real world, what do you do if you…
- Get caught not knowing which way to turn,
- Find poor work quality that gets worse and worse,
- Run into conflicts which simply won’t resolve, or
- Find problems which recur regularly no matter what you do?
Introduction to Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Introducing the program
- What actually do we mean by creative problem solving?
- Vertical and creative thinking contrasted
- The ‘rational’ problem solving process
- The creative funnel approach
- Theories of creativity
- Problem definition.
- Finding the root cause
- Situational analysis
- Tracking performance problems
- The Iceberg Theory
- Fact Finding Techniques
- Contrasting the Existing with the Ideal
- Problem Definition Methods
- Distinguishing Source from Symptoms
- Identifying Root Causes
- Dissolving Tunnel-Vision Blinders
- Solution Decision-Making
The Problem Solving Methodology
- Identifying and evaluating options
- The strengths and weaknesses of the available models
- Mapping variables
- Researching risk before the analysis
- Factor analysis – probability, time and risk scoring
- Formulating hypotheses
- Directing a feasibility study
- Evaluating outcomes – long and short term
- Creating the right environment for successful decision making
- Problem solving using the loop system.
Methods of Problem Solving
- The six-point model
- Using tools and techniques wisely
- Opening the unknown doors of the mind
- Creative thinking using industrial principles of design
- Creating options and solutions
- What is a Decision
- The Decision Process
- Style and Intuition
- Systematic Approach
- Intuitive Approach
Theories of Creativity
How the Mind Works
- Left and Right Brain characteristics.
- Effects of the traditional education system.
- Adaptors and Innovators.
Barriers to Creativity
- Paradigm paralysis
- Scientific management
- Fear of being ridiculed
- Fear of losing ownership of an idea
- Imposing unnecessary constraints
- Being over-serious
- Transactional analysis
- Believing that all creative ideas come from ‘experts’
- Believing that creativity diminishes with age
- Making instant judgments
Techniques that you can Practice on your Own
- Attribute listing
- Forced relationships
- Morphological analysis
- Word diamonds
- Clichés, proverbs and maxims
- Mind mapping
- Delphi technique
- Quality Circles
- Fishbone diagrams
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Do you already have an account with us? Sign In
Log in if you already have an account with us.