Advanced Analytical Problem Solving & Decision Making
Date(s) - 05/01/2023 - 07/01/2023( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Today, it’s everyone’s job to effectively solve problems. Analytical thinking and problem solving are foundational thinking skills that involve breaking things down into their component parts. They also involve deductive reasoning, drawing conclusions from givens and applying judgments to reach conclusions from a combination of evidence and assumptions. Learn how to find, analyze and transform information to build better strategies and make more effective decisions with Mideast Malaysia Analytical Skills courses. This Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making course introduces you to fundamental thinking processes so that you can successfully analyze and solve a wide variety of business problems. Get these essential analytical thinking and problem-solving skills now to give yourself a powerful competitive and career advantage.
- Develop more clarity around possible solutions
- Avoid emotional triggers that can impede your best thinking
- Generate and test solutions to atypical problems
- Interpret probability to increase confidence in your decision
- Negotiate among variables and conditions
- Recognize the difference between the rationality of purpose and rationality of process
Who Should Attend
Any individual who wants to be better equipped to face and solve today’s complex business problems by using a foundational process for reasoning and problem solving.
What’s The Problem?!! In the real world, what do you do if you…
- Get caught not knowing which way to turn,
- Find poor work quality that gets worse and worse,
- Run into conflicts which simply won’t resolve, or
- Find problems which recur regularly no matter what you do?
Introduction to Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Introducing the program
- What actually do we mean by creative problem solving?
- Vertical and creative thinking contrasted
- The ‘rational’ problem solving process
- The creative funnel approach
- Theories of creativity
- Problem definition.
- Finding the root cause
- Situational analysis
- Tracking performance problems
- The Iceberg Theory
- Fact Finding Techniques
- Contrasting the Existing with the Ideal
- Problem Definition Methods
- Distinguishing Source from Symptoms
- Identifying Root Causes
- Dissolving Tunnel-Vision Blinders
- Solution Decision-Making
The Problem Solving Methodology
- Identifying and evaluating options
- The strengths and weaknesses of the available models
- Mapping variables
- Researching risk before the analysis
- Factor analysis – probability, time and risk scoring
- Formulating hypotheses
- Directing a feasibility study
- Evaluating outcomes – long and short term
- Creating the right environment for successful decision making
- Problem solving using the loop system.
Methods of Problem Solving
- The six-point model
- Using tools and techniques wisely
- Opening the unknown doors of the mind
- Creative thinking using industrial principles of design
- Creating options and solutions
- What is a Decision
- The Decision Process
- Style and Intuition
- Systematic Approach
- Intuitive Approach
Theories of Creativity
How the Mind Works
- Left and Right Brain characteristics.
- Effects of the traditional education system.
- Adaptors and Innovators.
Barriers to Creativity
- Paradigm paralysis
- Scientific management
- Fear of being ridiculed
- Fear of losing ownership of an idea
- Imposing unnecessary constraints
- Being over-serious
- Transactional analysis
- Believing that all creative ideas come from ‘experts’
- Believing that creativity diminishes with age
- Making instant judgments
Techniques that you can Practice on your Own
- Attribute listing
- Forced relationships
- Morphological analysis
- Word diamonds
- Clichés, proverbs and maxims
- Mind mapping
- Delphi technique
- Quality Circles
- Fishbone diagrams
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Bookings are closed for this course.