Date(s) - 19/10/2020 - 23/10/2020( 8:00 am - 2:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): A Strategic Approach
A rich and exciting series of topics explore how Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) creates shared value for firms, employees and society as businesses and nonprofits work together on complex societal issues.
About this course
This course provides theory and practical working concepts in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), exploring cases that demonstrate the great potential CSR may have to improve communities in the world, and to create awareness of potential pitfalls.
Participant will learn
- how to leverage corporate structures and nonprofits’ experience to undertake CSR activities that have real public benefit,
- the relationship between philanthropy and corporate self-interest, and
- how ventures can assess whether they are doing good CSR, exploring topics including measurement, attribution, and cost benefit analysis.
Through this shourt time training, participants will develop a greater understanding of both sides of the partnerships that underlie Corporate Social Responsibility projects. They will learn how they might improve their interactions with their cross-sector partners, develop better partnerships, improve their use of pooled resources, and deepen their impact.
Finally, they will learn from many examples of Corporate Social Responsibility across the world. This course will teach students interested in developing a CSR project to conduct a wider search than they may have previously undertaken to identify lessons and solutions that they may adapt to their own setting.
What you’ll learn
- About the CSR landscape.
- How shifting CSR activity from discretionary to integral components of a company’s strategy creates long-term benefits for company and society.
- Why CSR is essential for attracting and retaining employees, and how to take advantage of this win-win for company and community.
- Criteria for successful corporate-nonprofit partnerships.
- Principles and examples of CSR
- Introduction to CSR Landscape and Theory
- Managing CSR’s Effects on the Firm’s Core Functions
- Corporate-Community Relations
- History of Corporate Social Responsibility in Some Countries
- Aligning Firm Values with Firm CSR Actions & Stakeholder Trust
- Frameworks for Assessing Corporate Social Responsibility
- 35% Lectures & Theories
- 40% Workshops, Assessments, Group Work & Exercises
- 20% Role Play & Case Studies
- 05% Videos
- Pre-Test and Post Test
- Test Results Sheet
- Trainee Performance Analysis Reports
- Case Studies
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual exercise
- Intensive Workshop by using templates, Diagrams & Charts
- Planning Activities
- Self Assessments
- Combine case studies, and analysis of real world examples
- Action plan