Date(s) - 16/11/2020 - 20/11/2020( 8:00 am - 2:00 pm )
Design Thinking: Empathizing to Understand the Problem
Learn how to identify and understand product or business problems through active listening, empathy and user-focused research.
When you immerse yourself in the context of the user, you can uncover pain points and find opportunities for improvement or innovation not always evident to your audience.
In this training you will learn how to use simple research methodologies including active listening to understand your target audience and uncover their obvious or latent needs.
Emphasis will be placed on observation and interviewing as key methods to gain empathy for the user’s experience and viewpoint. Equipped with this understanding, you will be prepared to identify and define more accurately the business problem.
You will also review case studies and discuss strategies to foster productive client-stakeholder relationships, including user personification, context understanding, and empathy idea mapping (ideas that resonate with your target audience).
What you’ll learn
- Recognize the user’s emotive response to context and circumstance (i.e. products, environments, and services)
- Understand a holistic approach to problem solving
- Plan research activities to gather and analyze data from a user’s viewpoint
- Demonstrate an appreciation for creative methods to document user needs and illustrate future solution possibilities
- 35% Lectures & Theories
- 40% Workshops, Assessments, Group Work & Exercises
- 20% Role Play & Case Studies
- 05% Videos
- Pre-Test and Post Test
- Test Results Sheet
- Trainee Performance Analysis Reports
- Case Studies
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual exercise
- Intensive Workshop by using templates, Diagrams & Charts
- Planning Activities
- Self Assessments
- Combine case studies, and analysis of real world examples
- Action plan