Advanced Design Thinking and Creativity for Innovation
Date(s) - 02/01/2023 - 03/01/2023( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Learn the fundamentals of how design thinking and creativity can be used to enable innovation.
Innovation matters to everyone, including managers in small or large organizations, start-up entrepreneurs, those in government roles, or leaders.
This course looks at how individuals and organizations use creativity and design thinking skills to identify and choose opportunities that enable innovation. Creative problem solving skills are developed and enhanced through a range of real world activities. An overview of design thinking tools is provided to help students understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. Ideas developed through these processes are then applied to a customer discovery approach to understand their value in the market place.
- The nature of human creativity and innovation,
- How creativity helps business to solve complex problems,
- Skills to harness creativity and improve observation skills through an understanding of creativity models and theories,
- The process and tools of design thinking,
- Different creativity and design processes and how it can be used to generate better ideas,
- Customer discovery plan to support workable business innovation.
- What is Creativity, Innovation, and Design: Introduce the core concepts of creativity, design, and innovation
- Creativity Myths: Mistaken beliefs about creativity and why they’re dangerous
- Entrepreneurial mindsets: Describe how entrepreneurial individuals use effectual thinking processes to develop and evaluate ideas
- Impact and Purpose: Impact is the way we measure the value created through creativity
- Empathy and design in innovation: Describe the role of empathy as the first stage of the design thinking process
- How do we learn what people want?: Explain how we ensure learning fits people’s needs
- Digital tools for creative options: Evaluate the digital design and collaboration tools that help firms to support creativity
- Distributed creativity: Develop an understanding of how diversity and collaboration through networks support the creativity process
- Experiments and resiliency: Develop the tools to run experiments and recover from failures
- Moving from ideas to impact: Bring the ideas presented in this course together and show how organizations can create impact from ideas
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Bookings are closed for this course.