Digitalisation for Oil and Gas Operations
Date(s) - 08/08/2022 - 12/08/2022( 5:00 am - 2:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
The World Economic Forum believes that digitalisation is a $1 trillion opportunity for the oil and gas industry. By utilising emerging digital solutions aimed at areas like asset lifecycle management, collaboration and customer engagement, oil and gas companies in the world can transform their business and operational models. But, it is not as simple as putting digital solutions in place and letting them work their magic.
The oil and gas sector has a number of barriers to change resulting in the industry lagging behind others in digitalising their operations. Firstly, the industry’s regulatory frameworks were not created with the kind of data sharing we see today, in mind. Secondly, there has been a lack of data standardisation and data sharing throughout the industry’s ecosystems – the rush to get first oil often leads to speed being prioritised above efficiency, causing costs to rise.
While oil and gas companies are a little tentative about digitalisation, the benefits are becoming clear in other industries. This training designed to understand digitalisation a clear opportunity for upstream companies and the oil and gas industry as a whole.
- Appreciate the cyber representation of physical assets and its implications
- Look at the oil & gas industry as a system
- Effectively evaluate modern information flow and control models
- Realize and address unintended potential risks during the digitalization journey
- Make recommendations to become more effective user of emerging technology
Overview of the Digital Industry
- Digital oilfield components
- Monitor and control networks
- Automation systems
- Lessons learnt from digitalization ventures
- Value of legacy-based data
- Informed decisions for intelligent operations
Digitalization in Action
- Oil & gas industry as a system
- Digitalization value
- Digitalization for HSSE
- Organization and behavioral aspects
- Machine learning techniques
- Artificial intelligence
- Understanding the threat and its implications
- Oilfield as a critical infrastructure
- Cybersecurity Vs. physical security
- Integrated solutions
- Digital policies
- Cybersecurity for contractors and subcontractors
Hands-on Team Projects
- Secure network architecture
- Function-specific design
- Digital twin concept
- Digital twin Vs Traditional simulation
- Virtual reality
- Collaborative online environments
Team Presentations and Discussion
- Big data for big opportunities
- Data and information flow
- Control networks deployment patterns
- Logical operations control centers
- Project assignment
- Project design and optimization
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Bookings are closed for this course.