Design Survey Questionnaire (DSQ) Workshop
Date(s) - 22/08/2022 - 24/08/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
This workshop is intended for lecturers planning to conduct a research study that will use the questionnaire survey method. Any good research includes a well thought out design and consequently a feasible methodology of data collection (research design and research method). The questionnaire that is built for the research study also needs to be check for its psychometric properties either through reliability analysis and/or scaling theory. The steps above are crucial in making sure results and findings from the research is accurate and valid. The workshop will cover both lecture presentation, demonstrations, followed by a series of hands-on activities that will eventually lead to participants building a sample questionnaire (through group work). Finally sample data obtained from this questionnaire will be used to demonstrate psychometric properties of said questionnaire via both classical test theory and Scale Theory.
- Expose participants to an overview of research design and research method
- Show participants the guidelines and steps of questionnaire/survey building
- Explain to participants the different types of sampling that is used in research
- Teach participants to calculate reliability index given sample data from questionnaire
- Check psychometric properties of questionnaire using method from scale theory
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.