Partial Least Squares Using SmartPLS
Date(s) - 01/08/2022 - 03/08/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Partial Least Squares is another method for testing causal models (in addition to Covariance Based Methods used in AMOS and Lisrel). PLS is a composite-based approach to SEM, which aims at maximizing the explained variance of dependent constructs in the path model. Compared to other SEM techniques, PLS allows researchers to estimate very complex models with many constructs and indicator variables. Furthermore, PLS-SEM allows to the estimation of reflective and formative constructs and generally offers much flexibility in terms of data requirements.
This training introduces participants to the state-of-the-art on PLS-SEM using the SmartPLS software (www.smartpls.com). Training provides a profound introduction to PLS-SEM. Participants will learn the foundations of PLS-SEM and how to apply it by means of the SmartPLS software. The trainer will make use of several examples and exercises.
This training has been designed to familiarize participants with the potentials of using the multivariate analysis method PLS-SEM in their research. The Objectives of this training are to provide
- an in-depth methodological introduction into the PLS-SEM approach the nature of causal modeling, analytical objectives, some statistics)
- the evaluation of measurement results
- complementary analytical techniques
Contents of Workshop
- Introduction to SEM
- Usage of SEM
- Various methodological issues
- Basics of SEM -Formative vs Reflective Measurement
- Modelling using PLS
- Evaluation of measurement model
- Evaluation of structural mode
- Mediating Effect Analysis
- Moderating Effect Analysis
Who Should Attend?
This training has been designed for full-time faculty and PhD students who are interested in learning how to use the PLS-SEM method in their own research applications. A basic knowledge of multivariate statistics and SEM techniques is helpful, but not required.
- 35% Lectures & Theories
- 40% Workshops, Assessments, Group Work & Exercises
- 20% Role Play & Case Studies
- 05% Videos
- Pre-Test and Post Test
- Test Results Sheet
- Trainee Performance Analysis Reports
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Self assessments.
- Action plan.
This course is fully booked.