Effective Management Skills for Administrative Professional
Date(s) - 19/12/2022 - 23/12/2022( 8:00 am - 2:00 pm )
Location: United Kingdom, London
Management is frequently described as the art of getting work done through others. This requires a set of skills and talents that Administrative Professionals can develop to extend their influence, meet their manager’s expectations, create a professional image, take initiative, solve problems, resolve conflict, plan current and future activities, and have a springboard for career development. If you are in the role of executive secretary or administrative assistant you’ll find this workshop to be essential to your present job and critical to your future. This workshop is not a lecture. It is a “hands on” opportunity to identify your existing management skills, develop new skills and bring increased opportunity to your organization and to you personally.
At the end, you’ll be able to
- Apply the same skills for your admin responsibilities that all managers use
- Have the confidence to succeed when your manager delegates work to you
- Use 7 essential management skills to get the job done
- Communicate your answers and questions with confidence
- Understand and adapt to different personality types
- Manage your time and your manager’s expectations
- Influence others to get their support and commitment
- What is My Value as an Admin Professional?
- Where the administrative professional fits
- Shifting Your Perspective – Transforming Negative Thoughts
- Power vs. Authority – Understanding Your Power
- Identifying your power base, determining the limits of your authority and extending your influence
- The 7 Essential Management Skills for every Admin
- How to Enable your Manager using Core Values
- Leading without the ‘Title’
- First Impressions and Creating a Professional Image
- What does your Body Language Convey to Others?
- Understanding and Adapting to Different Personality Types
- Communicating What’s Most Important to You on the Job
- How to Effectively use a To-Do-List – The Daily Map
- Meeting Expectations and Learning Gentle No’s
- Meeting Management and Your Time
- Learning the Difference between Assertive and Aggressive
- Discover an Effective Communication Tool to provide Feedback and Assert Yourself Wisely
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Bookings are closed for this course.