Date(s) - 25/05/2020 - 29/05/2020( 8:00 am - 2:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
The purpose of this training is to help to define company requirements regarding noise in the workplace. These requirements, which are based on the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standard Occupational Noise Exposure , are designed to protect employees from hearing loss which could result from exposure to high levels of workplace noise.
The OSHA standard requires employers to implement a Hearing Conservation Program whenever employees are exposed to occupational noise levels above the OSHA action level (an 8-hour time-weighted average of 85 dBA). In compliance with the OSHA standard, this policy incorporates a Hearing Conservation Program with a primary objective of maintaining work environments free from noise hazards that could lead to noise-induced hearing loss.
Several measures can be taken to prevent overexposure to workplace noise. The first step is to reduce the noise coming from the source itself. This may be accomplished through engineering or administrative controls, as described in this policy. Whenever such controls are not feasible, or fail to adequately reduce workplace noise to safe levels, exposed employees will be included in the Hearing Conservation Program outlined in this training.
- Identify hazardous noise environments in the workplace through sound surveys.
- Implement engineering and/or administrative controls to reduce workplace noise levels or worker exposure to noise.
- Provide hearing protective devices to exposed employees whenever such controls are not feasible or fail to reduce noise levels below the action level.
- Provide audiometric testing for exposed employees.
- Provide training for exposed employees
- Noise definitions and identifying
- Noise Levels: Sound Survey
- Noise Control Methods
- Noise equations, Calculations, and measurement
- Training and Education Methods of data collection
- Collected data analyzing methods
- Identifying hearing loss factors and applying countermeasures
- Audiometric Testing
- Record Keeping
- 35% Lectures & Theories
- 40% Workshops, Assessments, Group Work & Exercises
- 20% Role Play & Case Studies
- 05% Videos
- Pre-Test and Post Test
- Test Results Sheet
- Trainee Performance Analysis Reports
- Case Studies
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual exercise
- Intensive Workshop by using templates, Diagrams & Charts
- Planning Activities
- Self Assessments
- Combine case studies, and analysis of real world examples
- Action plan
Bookings are closed for this course.