Problem Based Learning (PBL) Workshop
Date(s) - 01/08/2022 - 03/08/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
In developing holistic student’s attributes, lecturers in higher education must go beyond traditional teaching and learning approaches. Students-centred learning (SCL) can be active, cooperative or collaborative learning. Problem-based Learning (PBL) is one of the method that belongs to the highest form of SCL and its powerful feature may promote critical and problem solving skills and other soft-skill depending on how the PBL is designed. The rich nature of PBL makes it ideal for preparing students for real world of work. The benefit of this method can only be realized if PBL is practiced in its truest manner. If you plan to implement PBL or if you have implemented PBL but need to check your PBL standard, this 2 days PBL workshop is for you as you will be experiencing “a taste of implementing PBL”.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to
- Recognized the need for PBL and its characteristics.
- Plan for incorporating PBL in teaching practice.
- Discuss PBL processes and its implementation in practice.
Who Should Attend?
- Learning Designers, Senior Learning Designers, and Digital Learning Consultants.
Module 1: Introduction to Problem Based Learning
- Traditional vs. Cognitive Learning
- Behavioural Learning
- Cognitive Learning
- Constructivist Learning
- Why PBL?
Module 2: Implementation Issues in Problem Based Learning
- Introduction to Implementation Issues in PBL
- Factors Not Limited To Tutorial Room
- Role of Tutors
- Role of Students
Module 3: Developing Problems and Tutorial Process
- Principles of Problem Design
- Seven Steps of Problem Design
- PBL Tutorial Process
- PBL Curriculum
- Online PBL
Module 4: Assessment and Evaluation
- Introduction to Assessment and Evaluation
- Components of Assessment and Evaluation in PBL
- Different forms of Assessment in PBL
- Characteristics of assessment and evaluation in PBL
- Grading Criteria in PBL
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Bookings are closed for this course.