Polymers Production And Processing
Date(s) - 26/09/2022 - 28/09/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Polymeric materials are nowadays employed in a multitude of applications, due to their wide spectrum of chemical, physical and mechanical properties. For this reason, polymeric materials play an important role on the chemical industry and more in general on the global economy. This programme provides a bird’s eye vision about the methods to produce different typologies of polymers and about the processing techniques used to obtain valuable finished products.
Who Should Attend?
Trainee process engineers, specialists, polymer engineers, material engineers, chemical engineers, process engineers, chemists, operators, managers and other professionals working within the Polymer industry that need to build, broaden or update their knowledge about polymer science and technology. The level of the examples and exercises can be adjusted in order to meet the experience and requirements of the participants.
- Introduction and explanation about the terminology used
- Classification of the polymers
- Most common polymers and their application
- Polymer characterization
- Stress-strain curve
- Polymer constitution, confirmation and configuration
- Polymer morphology
- Polymer crystallinity
- Molar mass distribution
- Degree of polymerization
- Polymer in solution
- Glass transition temperature
- Melt flow index
- Addition vs condensation polymerization
- Chain-growth vs step growth polymerization
- Suspension polymerization
- Solution polymerization
- Emulsion polymerization
- Bulk polymerization
- Polymer blending
- Polymer processing methods
- Extrusion process
- Moulding process
- Production of reinforced
- Filament winding
- Polymer functionalization
- Polymer degradation and environmental issues
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Log in if you already have an account with us.