Project Portfolio Management
Date(s) - 28/11/2022 - 30/11/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
A project portfolio is a collection of projects, programs and processes that are managed together and optimized for the financial and strategic goals of an organization. A portfolio can be managed at either the functional or the organizational level.
Unlike a project, which has a defined end goal or deliverable, a portfolio represents a more strategic planning commitment to continuously optimizing the allocation, prioritization and scheduling of resources across many projects.
Project portfolio management (PPM) is the analysis and optimization of the costs, resources, technologies and processes for all the projects and programs within a portfolio. Project portfolio management is typically carried out by portfolio managers or a project management office (PMO).
The key focus of PPM is to make sure that all the outcomes in the portfolio support the strategic goals and business objectives of the organization. The portfolio manager or PMO does this through business analysis, reviewing budgets and forecasting while minimizing risk and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Be able to streamline your portfolio set-up through the use of formal processes integrated within your organizational governance
- Be able to analyze the strategic plan and link strategic business portfolios with project portfolios
- Be able to maximize the value of Portfolio Management by gaining full awareness of business objectives and applying different techniques
- Define criteria for achieving the organization’s strategy and setting metrics for measuring value and periodic progress
- Master portfolio management reporting
- Understand how to manage resourcing demand
Who Should Attend?
- This session is designed for program and project professionals, project leaders, project engineers, cost engineers, and other senior project control and business services professionals who are responsible for or involved in multiple project management, program management or portfolio management
- It is also designed for experienced project staff who work in an environment where they manage multiple projects which frequently compete for resources within or outside of the performing organization
- About the Context of Portfolio Management
- What is the Context?
- Organizational Links to Portfolio Management and Influences
- Our Perspective on Portfolio Management
- The Importance of Portfolio Management for Strategic Success
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Generic Strategic Planning Process and Strategic Frameworks
- Definition of Business Portfolio and Project Portfolios
- Operational Portfolio Management
- Project Portfolio Metrics and their Application
- Portfolio Management Tools and Techniques
- Project Identification & Categorization
- Project Evaluation & Selection
- Prioritization & Portfolio Balancing
- Authorization of Projects
- Exercise: Creating a Portfolio
- Monitoring and Controlling from a Strategic & Operational Perspective
- Portfolio Reporting and Review
- Strategic Change
- Strategic Opportunity & Risk Management
- Long term & short term Portfolio Schedule and Resource Allocation
- Review & Wrap-up
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Bookings are closed for this course.