Process Safety Management
Date(s) - 05/09/2022 - 07/09/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
The Process Safety Management course provides a more detailed understanding of process safety principles and requirements, appropriate to higher level personnel. This course is best suited to personnel at all organisational levels with an emphasis on managers, team leaders, engineers and safety personnel. It is also important for staff involved in the design, operation, modification or maintenance of process facilities or other major hazard areas, and anyone who would like to develop their understanding of process safety. The Process Safety Management is designed to provide a sound breadth of knowledge that will allow you to contribute to the effective management of process safety risks. This training is the result of a unique collaboration which combines the advanced technical ‘high hazard’ expertise to deliver strong vocational health and safety qualifications.
Our Process Safety Management course examines the four critical aspects of Process Safety Management:
- Process safety culture
- Understanding hazards and risk
- Managing risks
- Review and improvement
Additionally, you will cover:
- Legislative requirements
- How to analyse and mitigate process safety hazards and risks
- Historical incidents to help identify potential future problems
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to gain a deeper understanding of process safety. It is best suited to higher level personnel, such as:
- Team leaders
- Safety personnel
- Staff involved in the design, operation, modification or maintenance of process facilities or other major hazard areas.
- This training is not designed for process safety/chemical engineers with extensive operational experience of working within the processing environment.
Introduction to Process Safety Management
- This module aims at providing an introduction to the concept of process safety and a brief description of the course contents. Upon successful completion of this module, participants will be able to differentiate between process safety and occupational safety. They will be able to determine the need for process safety, its various benefits and the effects a major accident may have on a business. Finally, participants will develop an understanding of the four key aspects of Process Safety Management (PSM).
Process Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- This module involves describing and performing process hazard analysis and risk assessment. Upon successful completion of this module, participants will be able to apply appropriate assessment techniques to identify hazards and understand the various methods to estimate the risks of a facility.
Managing Process Safety Risks
- Under this module, emphasis is on effectively managing process safety risks. Upon successful completion, participants will acquire knowledge on managing process safety risks as well as the importance of maintaining procedures and safe working practices. They will be able to identify the criteria for determining operational readiness and will develop a sound understanding of the purpose of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs).
Review and Improvement of Process Safety Performance
- This module focuses on the importance of reviewing and continuously improving process safety performance. Upon successful completion participants will be able to tell the importance of incident reporting and review.
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.
Log in if you already have an account with us.