Social Media Concepts and Skills
Date(s) - 12/10/2022 - 14/10/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
This course aims at introducing the main technical, however, general concepts on the social media famous websites, and online applications (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), and how to manage them considering privacy, security, Cybercrime and ethical issues like intellectual property rights (copyrights and patents). In addition, the course introduces different application fields (e.g. Customer Relationship, e-Commerce) on social media in the modern life of people, how are they utilized in different fields (e.g. Job Searching, Advertising & e-Marketing).
The the main goal of this course is to equip students with knowledge on social media, their basic concepts, and their applications
- Sharing the impact of social media
- Identify the role of lecturers in using social media
- Best practice use of social media
- Understand the concept of social media and social networks.
- Understand how to start a social media account, and how to manage it considering privacy, security, Cybercrime, and ethical issues like intellectual property rights (copyrights and patents).
- Understand the technical terms related to social media.
- Utilizing tools to analyze a hypothetical social network.
- Understand the concept of social communities.
- Understand how social media can be applied in different fields, and how students may utilize it in/searching for their future careers.
Introductionto Social Media Networks:
- How it began?
- Types of Social Networks
- Examples on Social Network
- Starting to use Social Media Networks and main Technical Issues needed: (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Reading Blogs
- Writing Blogs
- Blogging Tools
- Blog Comments
- Blogging Communities
Social Networks Applications:
- Image-Sharing: Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr
- Video-Sharing: YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Instagram
- Instant Messaging: Skype, Snapchat, WhatApp
Extra Applications on Social Networks:
- Online meeting (microsoft team, google meeting, Skype for Business,Cisco Webex, zoom)
- Finding Job
- Business Intelligent: Academic Field
- Public Relations
- Modern Libraries
Social Communities and Case Studies in Social Media Networks:
- First Step in an Internet Marketing Strategy
- Planning and Creating Your Website
- Social Media and Content Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Web Analysis using Applications such as Gephi
Social Media Networks Security Issues:
- General Terms in Information Security
- Elements of Information Security
- Methods that Guarantee Information Security
- Security Risks and Threats on Social Networks
- Electronic CrimesClassification of Electronic Crimes
- Related Acts and Laws
- How to Protect Yourself when Working with Social Networks
- Case Studies.
- Individual and group discussions and exercises.
- Intensive training by using templates, diagrams, and charts.
- Planning activities and presentations.
- Action plan.