Date(s) - 09/11/2020 - 13/11/2020( 8:00 am - 2:00 pm )
Location: Indonesia, Bali
Tourism and Travel Management
Leading tourism practitioners and researchers offer insider perspectives on this dynamic and growing industry.
About this training
Do you want to learn about an industry that is dynamic, fun, evolving, and supports 347 million jobs around the world?
By taking this training, you will experience the global scale of the thriving tourism and travel industry which is forecasted to generate US$11 trillion over the next 10 years. With over a billion international tourist arrivals per annum worldwide over recent years, more people from around the world are setting out for new destinations. The purpose of their travel is changing too. It’s a great time to experience an industry that touches our lives in many meaningful ways.
This training will provide you with substantive insights into the management challenges facing destinations and operators. It will show you the proper steps to follow for research-informed resolutions. The training comprises seven modules, with each module co-delivered by expert trainer. Developed in partnership with Tourism and Events Malaysia, the statutory marketing authority for tourism in Malaysia, several modules have been shot on-location across Malaysia’s premier tourism destinations. The training features case studies of leading tourism and hospitality companies and interviews with prominent industry professionals. In addition, you’ll hear from public sector officials representing government, peak industry bodies, destination management and marketing organisations, hotels and resorts, attractions, tour operators, transport and local communities.
Eleven leading trainers share their expertise taking the learner through a visceral journey of self-discovery and exploration of various aspects of tourism planning, management of services and experiences, the changing role of technology in decision-making, and management of workforce and risk in tourism.
The training is particularly designed for
- Professionals working in the tourism (hospitality, events, sport and leisure) industries
- Students learning about these industries for the first time
- Individuals who have an avid interest in tourism
What you’ll learn
- Understand the complexity of challenges faced by the tourism industry
- Examine tourism and travel management principles
- Create resolutions and strategies to address tourism issues and challenges
- 35% Lectures & Theories
- 40% Workshops, Assessments, Group Work & Exercises
- 20% Role Play & Case Studies
- 05% Videos
- Pre-Test and Post Test
- Test Results Sheet
- Trainee Performance Analysis Reports
- Case Studies
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual exercise
- Intensive Workshop by using templates, Diagrams & Charts
- Planning Activities
- Self Assessments
- Combine case studies, and analysis of real world examples
- Action plan