Improvement & Development of the Venue Operations and Activities Quality Control
Date(s) - 24/08/2022 - 26/08/2022( 8:00 am - 5:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
This program examines the principles of managing venue and facility operations. Specifically, it addresses how facilities and venues are planned, managed, operated, evaluated and maintained. The subject also covers issues ranging from traffic circulation to security and safety issues.
Although it does take plenty of creativity to design an event that is memorable and meaningful, it also takes careful attention to detail, adaptability, effective delegating, and a lot of work. This intense course will walk you through the process of event management, from the beginning stages of planning, to the final touches (like decorations, food, and music). case studies and future directions are also covered.
While this course is specifically for corporate event planning, the elements here can also be applied to more personal event planning like conferences, anniversaries, special birthday gatherings, weddings, and more. Essentially, were creating an effective and well planned design that is ready for implementation and can be used over and over again.
Introduction to event management approach conceptualizing an event review the vision, setting the event objectives-, event planning tools & techniques approaching events as projects
Who should attend
All events and venues managers and employees
Upon successful completion of this subject participant should be able to:
- Discuss the main components of venue management in both local and global environments
- Understand how to create an event that achieves specific objectives for the host/client.
- Describe processes associated with the planning, management and operations of venues and facilities
- Plan a complete corporate event, including an agenda, budget, goals, venue, audience, food, and whatever else your client needs.
- Have an understanding of the various event elements (food and beverage, design, entertainment, site selection, etc.) and how to cost-effectively employ them.
- Identify and discuss key operational practices in venue management
- Keep your event on budget.
- Design an advertising and marketing plan that includes a comprehensive use of media, take-aways and/or swag bags.
- Determine whether partners, sponsors, and volunteers can help to make your event unforgettable.
- Create an atmosphere of service that delegates will remember.
- Select speakers and a master of ceremonies to add impact to your event.
- Demonistrate meeting and negotiation skills.
- Building event management finantial model
- Understand event management return of investment (ROI)
- Understand opportunities and challenges such as sponsorship, marketing, publicity and stakeholder management as they relate to conference and corporate event management.
- Critically evaluate a venue in terms of its management and operation practices
The participant will spend part of the days discussing what will take place during the workshop. participants will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Contribution to the development of participant attributes
This program provides an overview of the venue management sector in training activity. It provides a basis from which participant can understand the unique relationships between a venue and its stakeholders. The core competencies and skills of a successful venue manager are covered. Benchmark practices and strategies for improving venue management practices are a central tenet of the subject. The range and variety of services provided to patrons of venues are outlined. Negotiation skills are demonistrated. Lastly, the event accounting models explained.
Training and learning strategies
This program involves a variety of training and learning activities, which may include lectures, case study presentations, expert panel discussions, participant presentations and directed readings. In addition to the lecturing staff, selected practitioners with direct experience in one or more areas related to the venue management field, will present on particular topics. The underlying learning strategy employed in this program is one of linking theory, concepts, ideas and techniques associated with venue and facility management to actual practice.
Introduction to Event Management
- Defining A Special Event
- Human Considerations & Success Factors
- Designing An Event
- Event Types
- Client Needs
- Evolution of the Experiential Industry
- Careers in the Industry
- Understanding the Players: Who Does What
The Role of a Planner
- Backgrounds, Experience
- Typical Planning Department Structures
- Pre-Event Responsibilities
- On-Site Responsibilities
- Post-Event Responsibilities
- Establishing Objectives
- Knowing Your Audience
- Selecting the Right Event Format
Establishing the Creative Vision
- Getting Buy-In From the Decision-Maker
- Expressing Your Information
- Elements of A Proposal
- Key Business Considerations
Approaching Events as Projects
- Goal Setting
- Resource Evaluation
- Timeline Management
- SWOT Analysis
- Team Roles & Communication
- Tracking & Evaluation
Finance & Budgeting
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Income & Expense Analysis
- Fixed vs. Variable Costs
- What Things Cost
- O.I. – Understanding Return On Investment
Contracts & Negotiations
- Key Parts of A Contract
- Typical Industry Clauses
- Stages of Negotiation
- Negotiating Strategies
Site Selection & Management
- Destination Selection
- Venue Selection
- Site Inspections
- Ancillary Support: Tents, Power, Sanitation, WiFi
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Risk Assessment
- Emergency Response Planning
Event Planning Tools & Techniques
- Objectives vs. Design
- Meshing Elements Together
- Crowd Experience
- Standard Designs Review
- Room Design Software
Food & Beverage
- Types & Terms
- Buying Food & Beverage | Providers
Guest Services & Logistics
- Invitations & Registrations
- On-Site Check-In
- Transportation & Parking
- Way Finding & Directional Signage
- Security & Emergency
Entertainment & Speakers
- How to Employ In Design
- Buying Tips
Marketing & Technology
- Options for Marketing
- Marketing Plan Goals
- Leveraging Technology
- Mobile Apps & Social Media
- Photo/Video Capture and Post-Event Usage
- Virtual/Hybrid Event Options
Coordinating the Event, Day-Of
- Load In and Set Up
- Who Oversees What
- What Planners Should Be Doing During the Event
Service & Staffing
- How to Estimate Staff Needs For Various Services
- Selecting the Right On-Site Staff
- Meeting and negotiation skills
- Key Terms
- Options for A More Environmentally Friendly Event
- Cost vs. Impact
Location and logistics
- Format and venue selection
- Catering, accommodation, registration and transport variables
Accountability and resources
- Event management accounting
- Budget development
- Critical paths and work breakdown structures
- Risk mitigation and contingency plans
Creating the WOW factor
- Invitations, collateral and gifts
- Theming and entertainment
- Security and VIP considerations
Effective audience communication
- Marketing and sponsors
- Publicity and media
- Stakeholder liaison and debrief
Do you already have an account with us? Sign In
Log in if you already have an account with us.
Log in if you already have an account with us.