Date(s) - 04/05/2019 - 05/05/2019( 8:00 am - 2:00 pm )
Location: Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Surviving the Postgraduate Viva
Just handed in your Master or PhD thesis? Now it’s time to plan for the next hurdle: a viva. This one day workshop offer advice on how to best prepare
Handing in your Master or PhD thesis is a massive achievement – but it’s not the end of the journey for your students. Once you’ve submitted, you’ll need to prepare for the next intellectually hurdle: a viva.
This oral examination is a chance for students to discuss their work with internal and external examiners. Its formal purpose is to ensure that there’s no plagiarism involved, and that the student understands and can explain their thesis. It involves lots of penetrating questions, conceptually complex debates and is infamously terrifying.
How can students best prepare? This workshop provide detailed explanation on a number of tips by academics.
- 7 Steps preparing for the viva
- 10 requirements to do during the viva
- 35% Lectures & Theories
- 40% Workshops, Assessments, Group Work & Exercises
- 20% Role Play & Case Studies
- 05% Videos
- Pre-Test and Post Test
- Test Results Sheet
- Trainee Performance Analysis Reports
- Case Studies
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual exercise
- Intensive Workshop by using templates, Diagrams & Charts
- Planning Activities
- Self Assessments
- Combine case studies, and analysis of real world examples
- Action plan
Bookings are closed for this event.